Thursday, March 30, 2017

Barcelona

Last week I was lucky enough to get to go on my dream trip. Ever since my first year of high school Spanish, I have wanted to go to Spain.  I have an awesomely supportive husband who knew how important this was to me.  So when one of my best friends moved there he made sure that I made this trip happen.  I was gone for 8 days.  It was hard to be away from Ben and the boys for that long, but I made some memories I will never forget.

The first day I arrived, I went to the apartment (in Madrid), took a nap and then got on a train to Barcelona!

View from our balcony of part of the city.
Cathedral of Saint Eulalia

My favorite thing about everywhere we saw.  EVERYTHING was so old and had so much character.  Even little random alley ways and streets were so much cuter than anywhere in the States.
Port of Barcelona
I made it to the Mediterranean Sea! Man it was cold, but there were a handful of crazy people swimming in it!
Emily and I
There weren't many sea shells on the beach, mostly small rocks

The Basilica of the Sagrada Family.  It's construction started in 1882 and it's hoped to be finished by 2026/2028.


Sunrise from the balcony

We hiked and we hiked and we hiked and finally made it to Park Guell to see this crazy dragon sculpture designed by Gaudi.  Only to find out that there is a small portion of the park that is not free and tickets were sold out...... UGH! At least the rest of the park was beautiful and had great views.



Gaudi building
We took a bus up the Tibidado mountain.  Man did it have some amazing views.
The Church of the Sacred Heart of  Jesus on top of the mountain,
There was also am amusement park.  I don't think I could handle riding a roller coaster literally built on the side of a mountain!!



All in all, Barcelona was NOT a disappointment.  It was a very touristic city, but I guess I can't complain since that was what I was doing as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment