Sunday, October 25, 2015

Welcome to the World, Adam!

So here we were again.  Over due with thoughts of a big baby.  The doctors didn't want me to go any further and I was slowly starting to lose my sanity, so we scheduled my induction for Thursday 10/15 in the morning.  We had to be there at 7AM.  My mom was nice enough to come down to our house that morning and stay with Lucas until she got the word that the baby was born.  

I know a lot of people say getting induced is terrible and a painful experience, but I must say, I have had 2 really smooth deliveries! This one was great.  They actually started at around 8:30AM, then I got my epidural at 10:30AM, took a nap, woke up and was ready to go! 2 pushes later at 1:32PM we had our beautifully large (and still nameless) baby boy!!   He was 9lbs 13oz (I was not expecting him to be THAT big - but hey - he's healthy and that's all that matters!) and 21 inches long.

Please meet Adam Thomas Hale :) 



Here he is for the first time with daddy


Big brother Lucas got to be the first visitor.  He is still getting used to Adam, but I think they are going to be best buds.  I love seeing the two of them together already.  





By Friday night we were headed home!  Let the real fun begin............


No comments:

Post a Comment