Friday, September 4, 2015

Adventures of a Big Boy Bed

About 2 weeks ago we evicted Lucas from his crib! There is no way I wanted to buy another crib for baby #2, so we figured it was about time.  Not to mention he was just starting to figure it out that there might be a way for him to climb out.  

Last shot of my little guy in his crib! (a little bitter sweet)

We have a bed frame, but to start off we thought we would just put it directly on the floor in case he falls out.  We have also but his crib mattress next to the bed to help with that too.  Lucas is a crazy sleeper (apparently he gets it from his Mommy) so we knew it might be challenging.  I don't want to put one of the rails on the bed, because I don't really want him to get used to it and then have to worry about taking it away at some point.

The first night we put him in the bed was a little rough.  He woke up crying at about 1am, 3am and 5:30am (I guess he is trying to get us ready for a newborn again!).  At 5:30am I tried to go into his room and lay on the crib mattress by the bed in hopes to get a couple more hours of sleep.  This didn't really work and we were up by 6:30am :(

Night #2 was also a tab rough when I woke up at 2:30am to the sound of his rocking horse playing songs! When I went into his room to find him riding the rocking horse, he just looked at me and said "horsey time?"  Luckily he went back to bed with no real complaints.  When I woke up for work that morning.  I found that the poor guy had rolled off his bed, off his crib mattress and kinda far across the floor.  But hey - he was sleeping! 

Since then, we have had it pretty smooth sailing (YAY!).  He seems to love the idea of his big boy and the fact that there are dump truck sheets :) 


 Here you can see where he rolled off to the crib mattress.  Sometimes looking on the monitor is a game of seek and find to see where he is!

Or sometimes he likes to sleep sideways and almost off the bed :) 

All in all we are very proud of our big guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment