Thursday, July 6, 2017

Swim Lessons

Last year Lucas loved loved loved swim lessons.  This year, was a little bit of a struggle.  I think the main reason was that he had it in his head that he was going to get his same teacher from last year who he loved.  I had tried telling him all summer long leading up to lessons that he probably wouldn't get Miss Maya again and that it would all be OK.  Of course I don't know how many of you have ever tried to reason with a 4 year old - because it's not easy!  So the first day, there were some tears because Miss Maya didn't work at the pool anymore.  Everyday he was fine once he got into the water, but it was a struggle.  He also had developed a strong fear for the diving board.  I knew that the last day of lessons was normally diving board day (because it's the "fun" thing!).  Ben and I had told him the entire time that he didn't have to go off it if he didn't want to.  But on the last day he surprised me and just got in line -- no tears! He didn't quite jump, but he let his teacher drop him in!  I was so proud of him.  And he decided he wanted to do more lessons, so looks like we will be back at the pool next week!







No comments:

Post a Comment